Burlingham St Peter, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Burlingham St Peter, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Burlingham St Peter, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Blofield|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Burlingham St Peter is a ruined church in the village of Burlingham and was closed in 1936. It was an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The church tower collapsed into the nave in 1906 and the parish combined with nearby Burlingham St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Blofield 1837-1935
- Halvergate 1935-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Burlingham St Peter, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BURLINGHAM ST PETER PARISH (1560) Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1560-1932||Undefined||1560-1834, 1838-1901||Undefined||1560-1925|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 182/ 1-7
Archdeacons' transcripts, 1600-1812
|Baptisms 1600?-1610, 1623-1625, 1665-1812 Marriages 1600-1607, 1665-1812 Burials 1600?-1607, 1623-1625, 1665-1806
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526737 Item 4
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
[edit | edit source]
The union consisted of the following parishes: Acle, Beighton, Blofield, Bradestone, Brundall, Buckenham Ferry, Burlingham St Andrew, Burlingham St Edmund, Burlingham St Peter, Cantley, Freethorpe, Halvergate, Hassingham, Hemblington, Limpenhoe, Lingwood, Moulton, Great Plumstead, Little Plumstead, Postwick, Ranworth with Panxworth, Reedham, Southwood, Strumpshaw, Thorpe St Andrew, Tunstall, Upton with Fishley, Walsham St Lawrence, Walsham St Mary, Wickhampton, Witton, Woodbastwick.
Blofield Union was incorporated under the 1834 Act. The Union Workhouse was opened in 1836 at Lingwood. Blofield Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 3 in 1930.
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 6 May 1971 (C/GP2/29) and on unknown dates
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Burlingham St Peter on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 7 October 2013.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Burlingham St John', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.