Burgh-next-Aylsham, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Burgh-next-Ayslham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Aylsham|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BURGH, a district comprising the consolidated parishes of St. Margaret and St. Mary, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of West Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N. E. by E.) from Acle.
Burgh -next-Aylsham St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
A mediaeval church in the perpendicular style. Burgh and Tuttington is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of Broadland. The parish includes Burgh next Aylsham and Tuttington.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Aylsham 1837-1935
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Burgh-next-Aylsham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Burgh-next-Aylsham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1563-1902||Undefined||1563-1812, 1838-1902||Undefined||1563-1901|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
Norfolk Record Office reference PD232/1-4
Parish registers of Burgh-Next-Aylsham Microfilm copy of original in the Norfolk Record Office, Norwich.
Some records in Latin.
Baptisms, 1563-1651, 1659-1741; marriages, 1563-1650, 1661-1741; burials, 1563-1650, 1661-1741; baptisms & burials, 1742-1812; marriages, 1741-1754; baptisms, 1813-1902; marriages, 1838-1902. FHL BRITISH Film 1951408 Items 11 - 14
Burials, 1813-1901. FHL BRITISH Film 2147114 Item 2
Baptisms, 1600-1610, 1623-1633, 1665-1812; Marriages, burials, 1600-1610, 1623-1633, 1665-1812. FHL BRITISH Film 1526779 Item 10
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
[edit | edit source]
Poor law records of Burgh-Next-Aylsham Microreproduction of original records at the Norfolk Record Office, Norwich.
Norfolk Record Office nos.: PD232/16-22.
Settlement certificates, 1737-1824; lists of settlement certificates, 1782-1793; removal orders, 1757-1834, 1781; settlement examinations, 1770-1836; settlement disputes, 1740-1835; apprenticeship indentures, 1750-1837; bastardy bonds, orders and papers, 1754-1792, 1790-1827, 1783. FHL BRITISH Film 2147114 Items 3 - 12
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Burgh next Aylsham on GenUKI
- Parish Info
- Photographs and transcript information
- Norfolk Churches website
- The Mercer's Company benefice>
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 431-437. Date accessed: 12 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Burgh next Aylsham', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.