Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies[edit | edit source]
Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP20 1UU UK
Telephone (Archives): 01296 382 587 Telephone (Local Studies): 01296 382 250
Email (Archives): firstname.lastname@example.org
Email (Local Studies): email@example.com
Website: Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies-TNA
Website: Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies-Bucks County Council
- The Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies is the county record office for Buckinghamshire, England. It houses the former Buckinghamshire Record Office and the former Buckinghamshire Local Studies Library.
Milton Keynes Local Studies and Archives[edit | edit source]
Milton Keynes Local Studies and Archives
555 Silbury Boulevard
Saxon Gate East
Central Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK9 3HL UK
Telephone: 01908 254051
Website: Local Studies and Archives
- A comprehensive collection of information relating to the history of Buckinghamshire, the Milton Keynes Council area, and Milton Keynes New Town.
Bletchley Park Trust
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK3 6EB UK
Telephone: 01908 640404
Website: Bletchley Park
- Bletchley Park was the central site for British codebreakers during World War II. It housed the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), it regularly penetrated the secret communications of the Axis Powers – most importantly the German Enigma and Lorenz ciphers. The official historian of World War II British Intelligence has written that the "Ultra" intelligence produced at Bletchley shortened the war by two to four years, and that without it the outcome of the war would have been uncertain.
Buckinghamshire County Museum[edit | edit source]
Buckinghamshire County Museum
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP20 2QP UK
Telephone: 1296 331441
Website: Buckinghamshire County Museum
- The Buckinghamshire County Museum is a museum in the centre of Aylesbury, in Buckinghamshire, England. It displays artefacts pertinent to the history of Buckinghamshire including geological displays, costume, agriculture and industry. The museum also features changing art exhibits in the Buckinghamshire Art Gallery.
- The museum is housed in three old buildings that have been joined together: a chapel in St Mary's Square, the old Aylesbury Grammar School (before it was moved to its present location) and Ceely House. To the rear of the building, in what used to be Ceely House's coach house, is the Roald Dahl Children's Gallery.
For a long list of Buckinghamshire museums, go to List of museums in Buckinghamshire in Wikipedia.