Guide to Buckenham New, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BUCKENHAM, NEW (St. Martin), a town and parish, in the union of Guiltcross, hundred of Shropham, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (S. E. by S.) from Attleburgh, and 96 (N. E. by N.) from London. There are places of worship for Methodists. 
Church records[edit | edit source]
Buckenham New parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Buckenham New Online Parish Records|
|FS Catalog PRs|
|FS Catalog BTs|
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851 Map. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Records are also available at the Norfolk Record Office.
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
Civil Registration Districts
[edit | edit source]
- Civil registration events post 1837 may be searched online Free BMD
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
- For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
England Jurisdictions 1851
•Vision of Britain
Websites[edit | edit source]
- New Buckenham on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 415-420. Date accessed: Adapted. 05 February 2013. Date accessed: 12 September 2013.
- Searching Parish Records online (Norfolk) - The Following Parishes are Available at TheGenealogist, ParishRegister.co.uk, accessed 23 April 2019.