Bubwith, Yorkshire Genealogy
Guide to Bubwith, Yorkshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Howden|
|Parish registers: 1623|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Rural Deanery||Harthill and Hull|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of York|
|Location of Archive|
|Yorkshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BUBWITH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Howden, Holme-Beacon division of the wapentake of Harthill, East Riding Yorkshire; consisting of the seven townships of Bubwith, Foggathorpe, Gribthorpe, Harlthorpe, Spaldington, and Willitoft. Church of England records began in 1623. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Online data content from chapelry registers of Bubwith exists at some of the following websites and for the specified ranges of years:
|FMP= findmypast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|JOIN = JoinerMarriageIndex.co.uk - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Bubwith (1600) Online Parish Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Yorkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- An index 1389-1688 to the Exchequer and Prerogative Court of York to Bubwith people is online.
- An index 1326-1724 to the Court of The Dean and Chapter of York to Bubwith people is online.
- An index 1226-1872 to wills in Yorkshire Archives is listed online.
- An index 1383-1857 to Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills is listed online
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 415-420. Adapted. Accessed November 7, 2013.
- 'Yorkshire Parish Records - Parish List,' findmypast, accessed 15 October 2014.
- 'Yorkshire East Riding,' FreeREG, accessed 20 October 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Yorkshire (East Riding) Coverage,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 20 October 2014.
Bubwith.NET A One-Place Study of the parish of Bubwith This is a must see website for Bubwith records and indexed information on line for free.