British Columbia Land and Property Records
|British Columbia Wiki Topics|
|British Columbia Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Hudson's Bay Company Archives
- GATOR ~ Historic Crown Grants ~ Search Form
- Land Owner Transparency Registry
- All current titles from 1990 onward and most documents and plans are stored online and are available electronically via the LTSA’s Search Services access via myLTSA Enterprise.
- 1851-1874 - Crown Land Grant Rec. 1851-1874, images.
- 1854-58' - RETURN OF LANDS SOLD IN VANCOUVER'S ISLAND, 1854-58
- 1869-1930 - Crown Land Grants 1869-1930, images.
- 1860-1971 - British Columbia, Crown Land Pre-emption Registers, 1860-1971
- 1860-1864 - Early Cariboo-Chilcotin Pre-Emptions, 1860-1864
- 1870-1930 - Search: Land Grants of Western Canada, 1870-1930 Library and Archives Canada
- 1884 - Land Grant Applicants, 1884
- 1885-1949 - Dominion Land Branch Records, 1885-1949, images.
Royal British Columbia Museum (Provincial Archives)[edit | edit source]
- BRITISH COLUMBIA ARCHIVES RESEARCH GUIDE Land Records Quick Guide
- BRITISH COLUMBIA ARCHIVES RESEARCH GUIDE QUICK GUIDE TO PRE-EMPTION AND HOMESTEAD RECORDS
- OLD MSS LANDS RECORDS AT THE BC ARCHIVES
Surveyor General Crown Lands Registry Services[edit | edit source]
Original Crown grants are at:
Surveyor General Crown Lands Registry Services
Ministry of Environment Lands and Parks
3400 Davidson Avenue
Victoria, BC V8Z 3P8
- The Government Access Tool for Online Retrieval (GATOR) is an easy-to-use, online search and retrieval system which enables the search of information from the B.C. Crown land registry, Tantalis.
BC Land Title and Survey[edit | edit source]
The Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) now manages all historical land title and survey records relating to Crown land and alienated Crown land (private property) dating back to the 1850s. Access to the original land titles is restricted; therefore, it is necessary to consult with a registry agent, also known as a title search agent, to access them for you. Staff of the LTSA cannot undertake such research for you. You must provide the full legal description, a specific civic address, or the parcel identifier (PID) number of the property in which you are interested.
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
For additional information see:
- British Columbia Land Records
- Crown Land Pre-emption Registers
- Crown Land Grants
- Dominion Land Branch Records
- Crown Land Grants-Year 1902
- British Columbia Provincial Records
References[edit | edit source]
- Murphy, Sharon L., Brenda Dougall Merriman, and Frances Coe. "British Columbia Land Records (National Institute)," National Institute for Genealogical Studies (2012), https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/British_Columbia_Land_Records_%28National_Institute%29.