Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Catholic Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, How do I use the catalog to learn more about the collections in Historical Records?.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. To view films, see Where do I find a family history center?.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 1: The list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Angra dos Reis > Nossa Senhora da Conceição > Matrimônios 1756, Nov-1773, Jan are actually Óbitos 1756-1773.
- Fonseca > São Lourenço is actually the parish of São Lourenço in the Bairro of Fonseca in the city Niterói. The Catalog listing is São Lourenço (Fonseca, Niterói, Rio de Janeiro).
- Fonseca > São Lourenço > Batismos 1848, Ago-1876, Jun year span should be 1871, Ago-1876, Jun.
- Rio de Janeiro > Nossa Senhora de Loreto should be Nossa Senhora do Loreto. The Catalog listing is Nossa Senhora do Loreto (Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro).
- Rio de Janeiro > Nossa Senhora da Candelária > Batismos 1724, Set-1736, Out are actually Óbitos de escravos 1724-1736.
- Rio de Janeiro > Santíssimo Sacramento > Batismos 1811, Jan-1817, Out actually contains records for Santa Rita Parish, Centro, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro.
- Rio de Janeiro > Santíssimo Sacramento > Batismos 1860, Out-1868, Ago and Batismos 1868, Ago-1875, Jun are actually Matrimonios with same year spans.
- Rio de Janeiro > Santíssimo Sacramento > Batismos, matrimônios, óbitos 1874, Out-1940, Jan year span should start with the year 1887.
- Rio de Janeiro > São Cristóvão > Índice de matrimônios 1899-1904 starts with the year 1901, Letter J, Page 42. The first 41 pages start after image 97.
- Go to Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Catholic Church Records, 1616-1980 collection at FamilySearch.org.