Brandenburg Historical Geography
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Brandenburg German Empire Wiki Topics|
|Brandenburg Major Record Types|
|Reading the Records|
|Additional Brandenburg Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
|Germany Record Types|
Historical Background[edit | edit source]
- Brandenburg was established in 1815 from the Kingdom of Prussia's core territory, and comprised the bulk of the historic Margraviate of Brandenburg and the Lower Lusatia region.
- It became part of the German Empire in 1871.
- From 1918, Brandenburg was a province of the Free State of Prussia.
- It was dissolved in 1945 after World War II, and replaced, with reduced territory, as the State of Brandenburg in East Germany, which was later dissolved in 1952.
- Following the reunification of Germany in 1990, Brandenburg was re-established as a federal ‘’’state of Germany, becoming one of the new states. Wikipedia
Historical Geography[edit | edit source]