Brackley St James, Northamptonshire Genealogy
Guide to Brackley St James, Northamptonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Brackley St James, Northamptonshire|
|Poor Law Union||Brackley|
|Parish registers: None; For records see Brackley St Peter|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BRACKLEY, an incorporated market-town, a parish, and the head of a union,in the hundred of King'sSutton, S. division of the county of Northampton,20 miles (S. W. by S.) from Northampton, and 64 (N.W. by W.) from London; containing the parish St. James,and that of St. Peter,which includes the hamlet of Halse. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Brackley St James, Northamptonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC BTs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - (£)|
|AC PRs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Brackley St James, Northamptonshire Genealogy Online Records|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1840-1894 England, Northamptonshire, Non-conformist Records, 1840-1894 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northamptonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 31 December 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 7 April 2015.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.