Boxwell with Leighterton, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Boxwell with Leighterton, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Boxwell with Leighterton, Gloucestershire|
|County||Gloucestershire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Tetbury|
|Parish registers: 1548|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BOXWELL (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Tetbury, Upper division of the hundred of Grumbald's Ash, W. division of the county of Gloucester,5 miles (E. by S.) from Wotton-under-Edge, and 6 (W.)from Tetbury. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Boxwell with Leighterton, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOXWELL WITH LEIGHTERTON PARISH Online Records|
Leighterton parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Leighterton Parish Online Records|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1642-1996 England, Gloucestershire Non-conformist Records, 1642-1996 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 320-323. Date accessed: 07 May 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 24 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 21 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 5 July 2016.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes.