Booton, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Booton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Booton Church of St Michael and All Angels is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich and an architecturally individul church. It was created on the shell of a medieval building in the 19th century by the rector Revd Whitwell Elwin over a period of 50 years. Its a gothic fantasy, with palace-like towers on the outside, and oak angels and stained glass on the inside..
BOOTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of St. Faith's, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (E. S. E.) from Reepham. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- St Faith's 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Booton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Booton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held at the Family History Library.
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms and burials 1600-1610, 1623-1634, 1665-1812 Marriages 1600-1610, 1623-1634, 1665-1811
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526779 Item 7
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- England Jurisdictions 1851 * Vision of Britain
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Booton on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 302-305. Date accessed 2 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Booton', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.