Bloomfield Hills Michigan Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Bloomfield Hills Family History Center aims to serve people from Detroit and its northern suburbs, as well as anyone else who wishes to come. We have competent staff members who can help everyone from those just starting family history research to those with lots of experience.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location and Map:
- 37425 Woodward Ave Bloomfield Hills MI 48304-3568 United States
- Enter the Northwest door of the building, go down the hall and then turn right.
- Language: English
- Friday:11:00am -4:00pm
Holiday Schedule: "'Closed 4th of July."' "'Closed day before Thanksgiving and reopen the following Tuesday."' Closed the last two weeks of December and reopen 1st Tuesday following New Year's Day:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Over 4000 films on indefinite loan. Several from Wayne County, Michigan. Also large numbers from Poland, Germany and the former Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- Many gazeteers and atlases
- Over 125 books of specific family geneology
- Large collection of New England related books
- Limited New York related books, Indiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and a few other states.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 7 computers
- 10 microfilm readers
- 1 film reader-printer
- 2 microfiche readers
- 2 scanners
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties [edit | edit source]
26 staff members.
- John Lambert - general history
- Wally Schelegel - reads German, there on Fridays
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.