Billockby, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Billockby, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||East and West Flegg|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
The tower was hit by a lightening strike in 1762 and the masonry destroyed the nave. A small part of the church restored in 1872 remained in use until abandoned. Billockby St Andrew is a ruined church and Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.Date accessed: 2 September 2013
BILLOCKBY (ALL SAINTS), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of West Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (N. E.) from Acle.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Flegg 1837-1924
- Yarmouth & Flegg 1925-1935
- Fleggburgh 1935-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church records[edit | edit source]
Billockby, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Billockby, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
This parish's registers do not appear on Record Search as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms 1600-1608, 1622-1637, 1666-1744 1769-1812 Marriages 1600, 1630, 1676-1744, 1777-1811 Burials 1600-1608, 1622-1637, 1666-1736 1777-1812
||FHL BRITISH Film |
1526745 Item 13
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
East and West Flegg http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Flegg/Flegg.shtml
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Billockby on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 241-244. Date accessed: 2 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Billockby', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.