Bella Vista, Corrientes, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Bella Vista ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The history of Bella Vista began around 1774. At that time the site was called San Fernando de Garzas.
- Years later, these lands were called La Crucecita, and were mostly used to moor ships during the night, when navigation on the Paraná River became difficult.
- The town was founded on June 3, 1825.
- The Immigrant Law of 1830 generated a great expansionary growth due to the settlement of foreigners and a diversified agricultural economy.
- The department of Bella Vista has a population of approximately 37,000 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Iglesia Católica. Nuestra Señora del Carmen (Bella Vista) Registros parroquiales, 1827-1921 - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Argentina, Select Baptisms Index, 1642-1912 - in Ancestry ($)
- Argentina, Baptisms, 1645-1930 - in MyHeritage ($)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Primer Censo Nacional, 1869 : Bella Vista (departamento), Corrientes - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- 2º Censo Nacional, 1895 : Bella Vista (Departamento), Corrientes - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Argentina, National Census, 1869 - in Ancestry ($)
- Argentina National Census 1869 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Argentina, National Census, 1895 - in Ancestry ($)
- Argentina National Census, 1895 - in MyHeritage ($)
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Corpus Christi
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
- Bella Vista
- Tres de Abril
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Bella Vista," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Bella_Vista. Visited November 11, 2017.