Beaumont with Moze, Essex Genealogy
Guide to Beaumont with Moze, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Beaumont with Moze, Essex|
St Leonard and St Mary Beaumont-cum-Moze contributor Peter Stack
|County||Essex, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Tendring|
|Parish registers: 1548; Separate registers exist for Moze beginning 1548|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1802|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Beaumont with Moze or Beaumont-Cum-Moze, is a parish in Tendring district, Essex; near the head of an inlet of the North sea, it is between the Naze and Harwich, it is 4 1/2 miles S of Wrabness railway station and 10 miles E of Colchester. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Beaumont Parish[edit | edit source]
Moze Parish[edit | edit source]
Beaumont with Moze Parish[edit | edit source]
Online images are available Essex Record Office and include not only the Parish register and Bishop's Transcripts images but also the transcript of the old parishes of Beaumont and Moze (prior to 1678) as well as census for 1821.
Non-Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1971 England, Essex Non-Conformist Church Records, 1613-1971 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
- Wesleyan Methodist
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
The 1821 Census of Beaumont-cum-Moze exists.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Beaumont with Moze on GENUKI
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
References[edit | edit source]
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870). Adapted access date 7 May 2013
- Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- Frederick Arthur Crisp, The Parish Registers of Beaumont, Essex (London: F.A. Crisp, 1899). Digitised by Google Books.
- Batch P008181, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- Batch M008181, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 11 April 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Essex,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 23 April 2012.
- "Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county," Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- Frederick Arthur Crisp, The Parish Registers of Moze, Essex (London: F.A. Crisp, 1899). Digitised by Google Books.