|Baden, German Empire |
|Baden Major Record Types|
|Reading the Records|
|Additional Baden Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
|Germany Record Types|
The German state of Baden-Württenberg was created in 1945 by merging the German Empire states of Baden, Württemberg, and Hohenzollern. When searching in the FamilySearch Library catalog, use the German Empire state name, as that catalog was organized by place names in the 1871 Meyers gazetteer.
- Online Meyers 1871 Gazetteer
- "Allgemeine Dorf-Geographie von Deutschland", by Georg Adam Keyser which gives descriptions of villages, hamlets, castles, manors etc. of Germany between 1789 and 1795 and to which Amt, district, county or court they belonged.
Baden[edit | edit source]
- Das Grossherzogtum Baden in geographischer, naturwissenschaftlicher, geschichtlicher, wirtschaftlicher und staatlicher Hinsicht dargestellt - Explanation of symbols and abbreviations see p. 768; alphabetical place name list follows.
- LeoBW Ortslexikon - Historical gazetteer of Baden-Wuerttemberg; does not list parishes for every locality, but provides helpful historical background. Click on "hier" to access place name search.
- Ämter of the Grand Duchy of Baden
- Die Kirchenbücher in Baden by Hermann Franz. The Family History Library call number is 943.46 B4ns #4. This book is also available at the Family History Centers by ordering fiche number 6000833. There are 4 fiche for this gazetteer.