Baddesley Ensor, Warwickshire Genealogy
|Baddesley Ensor, Warwickshire|
|Poor Law Union||Atherstone|
|Parish registers: 1688|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1676|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Baddesley Ensor (St Michael) is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1760 from chapelry in Polesworth, Warwickshire Ancient Parish.
Baddesley-Ensor, is a parish in Atherstone district, Warwickshire; it is 3 miles WNW of Atherstone railway station. The post office is under Atherstone. The parish church was consecrated in September 1846. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Baddesley Ensor, Warwickshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|Baddesley Ensor, Warwickshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Bishop's Transcripts deposited at the Lichfield Record Office Bap 1676-1846 Marr 1676-1836 Bur 1676-1846
- 1535 - 1984 - England, Warwickshire, Parish Registers, 1535-1984 at FamilySearch — index and images
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
School records[edit | edit source]
- Admission Registers
- Stock books and photographs
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) Adapted. Date accessed November 21, 2013.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 26 August 2014.