Aylmerton, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Aylmerton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1696|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Aylmerton St John The Baptist is an Ancient Parish in Repps deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
AYLMERTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church records[edit | edit source]
Aylmerton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Aylmerton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Link to the FamilySearch Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection
Images of the parish registers may be viewed online Norfolk Record Office reference PD 240 see England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts - FamilySearch Historical Records
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
See Norfolk Census
- 1891 Census: Surname Index: transcribed by Rose French
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
See also Aylmerton for Parish Poor law records 1825-1836 on microfilm
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Taxes[edit | edit source]
1597 Subsidy Taxes: Transcribed by Geoff Lowe and hosted by Norfolk Transcription Archives
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Aylmerton on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 120-124. Date accessed: 28 August 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 21 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.