Evans Georgia Family History Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
WE HAVE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED TO OPEN BUT YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER BELOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
The center is open to all, free of charge, and staffed with Family History Consultants happy to help you.
We invite all who are interested in family history to visit our center.
The center has free access to several premium websites listed below
Masks must be worn at all time.
Computers will be sanitized before and after.
Restrooms will be available to use.
Please bring your own water bottles.
Once You Arrive:
Family History Center volunteers can show you how to use the center’s resources. To make your visit most effective, collect and organize the information you already have. Bring as much information as you have about the ancestor you wish to research, including available birth, marriage, and death information. FHC staff can help you use that information to begin creating a Family Group Record
- 835 North Belair Road, Evans Georgia 30809 United States
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the back side of the church building. https://www.familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator?c=30907 Location Map
- 762 585 4785 if no answer, please call or text 706-513-5127
Website and Social Media:
Announcements, events and closings due to inclement weather will be posted here
HOURS BY APPOINTMENT DUE TO COVID:
- Tuesday: 12:30 - 3:30 pm, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Wednesday: 12:30 - 3:30 pm, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Thursday: 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 - 9:00 pm for Stake and Ward Consultants
- Closed Major Holidays -
- Other days and times by Appointment
- Groups are welcome to reserve center and consultants are available to teach requested classes
- Language: English & Spanish (by request)
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Signup to Receive our Monthly e-Magazine, "Roots & Leaves" by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
To Be Announced - Visit www.egfhc.com
FINDING YOUR STORY - ZOOM JOURNAL CLASS
Attend this fun interactive class taught by Jackie Thomas and Wanda Novak that will help you get your stories onto paper to save for future generations.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend.
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
To Be Announced - Visit www.egfhc.com
Ward Family History Leaders & Consultant Training[edit | edit source]
Sunday 7:00 - 9:00 pm, please call to make an appointment.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include
- 19th Century British Newspapers
- Alexanders Street Press - American Civil War
- American Ancestors - New England Genealogical Society
- Ancestry.com - Institution Version
- Fam Net
- Find My Past - Institution Version
- Fold3.com - Military Records
- My Heritage - Library Edition
- Paper Trail - 19th Century Migration to the West
- OTHER USEFUL WEBSITES:
- Create your Who Do You Think You Are? Story, for free
- Hungary Exchange
- Legacy Stories
- FamilySearch Learning Center
- Family Search Wiki
- Genuki (UK & Ireland)
- Find A Grave
- Mocavo Search
- Georgia Historical Newspapers
- BYU Idaho Special Collections
- Cyndi's List
- Kin Crawler Search
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 5 Computers
- 1 Microfilm Reader
- WIFI access for personal laptops
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- Using the FamilySearch Research Wiki: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Looking for volunteers to serve additional times. Will train.