Auburn California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 1255 Bell Rd Auburn CA 95603-9519 United States
Beginning Tuesday February 5, 2019:[edit | edit source]
- Tuesday: 10:00am-5:00pm
- Thursday:10:00am-9:00pm (until 6:30pm on fourth Thursday)
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events - Classes are held every Tuesday at 6:30pm in the FHC (various subjects). Call to verify during regular hours.[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule - "Family Tree Maker" class held every 2nd Thursday of the month at 10:00am[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
9 Dell computers equipped with windows 10 operating system.
Please call ahead to schedule an appointment to use the following equipment.
Kodak PS 80 capable of copying your photos to a personal flash drive.
Epson V 600 capable of copying your slides and negatives to a personal flash drive.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.