Attlebridge, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Attlebridge, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1712|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1636|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
ATTENBOROUGH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Shardlow, S. division of the wapentake of Broxtow, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 6 miles (S. W.) from Nottingham; containing, with the township of Toton and the hamlet of Chilwell. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Attlebridge, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Attlebridge, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
Non=Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Directories[edit | edit source]
- 1845 White's Directory of Norfolk: Transcribed by Pat Newby and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
- 1883 White's Directory of Norfolk: Transcribed by Richard Johns and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
- 1883 Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk, p. 232: Transcribed by E.C. Paddy Apling and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Attlebridge on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 108-112. Date accessed: 28 August 2013.
- 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Attlebridge', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.
http://www.norwich.anglican.org/church?deanery=23 Sparham Deanery website