Arvada Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 1.1 Hours
- 1.2 Holiday Schedule:
- 1.3 Calendar and Events
- 1.4 Staff Training Meetings
- 1.5 Center Resources
- 1.6 Center Services
- 1.7 Resources in the Local Area
- 1.8 Links
- 1.9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
The Arvada Family History Center is closed due to current health concerns. We hope to be able to open again soon!
- 7080 Independence St Arvada CO 80004-1649 United States
- We are located two blocks south and one block east of 72nd and Kipling. (see link to map, above)
- The entrance to the Family History Center is at the rear of the building (southeast corner of the building).
Hours[edit | edit source]
- Tuesdays: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturdays: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Closed on Tuesday in June
- Closed on Thursdays in July
- Closed on Saturdays in August
Please call or text 303/665-0234 to schedule other times
(dependent upon staff availability)
Holiday Schedule:[edit | edit source]
We are closed for the following holidays and other events:
- Saturday of Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends
- April 4 and Oct 3 for General Conference
- July 3-6, 2020
- October 31st, at 4:00 pm
- Thanksgiving: November 23 - 30
- December 14, 2020 - January 4, 2121
- If weather is bad (snow)
If you have questions whether the Family History Center is open, call or text 303-665-0234.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
The following seminars, workshops, and events are scheduled for the Arvada Family History Center.
Family Discovery Day
Saturday, January, 30, 2021 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Family History Center is located at 7080 Independence Street, Arvada (see map and directions at the top of this page).
Please be aware that some events are held at the Family History Center at the Arvada Stake Center, and others are held at the Alkire Chapel.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints chapel in Alkaire is located across the street from the Apex Center on 72nd Avenue between Ward and Alkire Streets.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
We hold Training Meetings for all Temple and Family History Consultants on the second Wednesday of the month, 7:00 PM at the Arvada Stake Center in the Family History Center. Please contact Debbie Orvin (303-717-8956) for topics and other information. Not a Temple and Family History Consultant? You can still attend!
Wednesday Jan 9, 7:00 PM[edit | edit source]
Wednesday Feb 13, 7:00 PM[edit | edit source]
Wednesday Mar 13, 7:00 PM[edit | edit source]
Wednesday Apr 10, 7:00 PM[edit | edit source]
Wednesday May 8, 7:00 PM[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions such as Ancestry.com.
- Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Family Tree Maker, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
- OpenOffice (on selected machines)
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 7 PCs with large screens and internet connections
- 1 networked printer
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche/film scanner
- 1 flatbed scanner
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
- The Foothills Genealogical Society is an excellent resource in our area. It serves the Clear Creek county, Gilpin county, Jefferson county and Park county Colorado genealogical community. For more information about services offered, go to Foothills Genealogy
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We are always looking for members of the community who can help us staff the Arvada Family History Center for a few hours a week. This help us keep the Center open, and potentially extend hours in the future.