Arkansas, County Voter Registration Records - FamilySearch Historical Record
|Access the Records|
Arkansas, County Voter Registration Records, 1868-1910
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Arkansas|
|Location of Arkansas|
|Record Type||Voting registers|
|Arkansas, County Voter Registration Records, 1868-1910, Arkansas History Commission, Little Rock|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Voter registration records from Franklin, Hempstead, Independence, and Lawrence counties in the state of Arkansas for years 1868-1910. Years of coverage will vary.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the age to calculate a birth date to find church and vital records such as birth, baptism, marriage, and death records. Also search for immigration, military, land and probate records
- Use the information to find additional family members in censuses
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Try viewing the original record. Indexes and transcriptions may not include all the data found in the original records. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality in an area search
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Arkansas.
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Franklin County. Register of legal voter, 1868-1873
- Hempstead County.Register of legal voters, 1868
- Independence County. Voters register, 1873
- Lawrence County. Records of voters, 1893-1910
- Lawrence County. Register of legal voters, 1869-1873
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.