Arizona, Yavapai County, Voting Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Arizona, Yavapai County, Voting Records, 1875-1932
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Yavapai, Arizona, |
|Flag of Arizona|
|Location of Yavapai County, Arizona|
|Location of Arizona|
|Record Type||Voting Records|
|Yavapai County (Arizona) County Recorder|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This publication consists of voting records known as Great Registers from the County Recorder in Yavapai County, Arizona for years 1875 to 1932. The microfilm of the original records is located at the Yavapai County Recorder's Office in Prescott, Arizona. More records may be added as they become available.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page.
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
- Country of Nativity
- Local Residence
- Naturalized: Date, Place, By What Court
- Date of Registration
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the age to estimate birth date and search in birth, census and church records
- If the person was naturalized use the date of naturalization and find naturalization records
- If the person was naturalized search for immigration records and any records from the land of origin
- Locate any land records of individual
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Arizona.
- Arizona Voting Registers
- Arizona Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1910 | 1900-Present
Related Collections[edit | edit source]
- Yavapai County. Official electors register, 1875-1932.
- Arizona. Superior Court. Naturalization records, 1912-1929.
- Arizona Superior Court. Index to naturalization records, part 1, vol. 1
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
Related Books[edit | edit source]
- Louise Turk. Great register of 1876, 1880.
- Dora M. Whiteside. Arizona territorial great register of 1876, Yavapai County, Arizona.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.