Arizona, Cochise County, Voting Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Arizona, Cochise County, Voting Records, 1882-1932
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Cochise, Arizona, |
|Flag of Arizona|
|Location of Cochise County, Arizona|
|Location of Arizona|
|Record Type||Voting Records|
|Arizona Deprtment of Libraries, Archives and Public Records|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This publication consists of voting records known as Great Registers from the County Recorder in Cochise County, Arizona for the years 1882 through 1932. The microfilm of the original records and photocopy of the typescript it located at the Cochise County Courthouse in Bisbee, Arizona. The register for 1898 is missing and was not microfilmed. More records may be added as they become available.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Country of Nativity
- Local Residence
- Naturalized: Date, Place, By What Court
- Date of Registration
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
- Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Arizona.
- Arizona Voting Records
- Arizona Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1910 | 1900-Present
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Great register, Cochise County, 1881-1910; Cochise County, Arizona, 1912-1926; index to great register, 1922-1932.
- Record of declaration of intention, 1913-1958.
- Petition and record for naturalization, 1912-1947.
- Naturalization stubs, ca 1881 - 1993
- Naturalizations 1884 -1914 US District Court
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
- Arizona State Genealogical Society.Great register of voters, county of Cochise, territory of Arizona, 1890.
- Great register of the county of Cochise, Territory of Arizona, for the year 1884
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.