Arizona, Arrival Manifests - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Arizona, Arrival Manifests, 1906-1955
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the United States of America|
|US Flag 1896-1908 (45 stars)|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Arrival Manifests|
|Record Group||RG 85: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service|
|National Archives Identifier||414|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Indexes and manifests of permanent and temporary aliens arriving in Arizona from Mexico from seven National Archives microfilm publications. The records are part of Record Group 85 Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service. The collections are part of the Mexican Border Crossing Series.
National Archive Collections in this Publication
- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Naco, Arizona, 1908-1952 , 18 rolls, A3372.
- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at AJO,Lukeville, and Sonoyta (Sonoita), Arizona, Jan. 1919-Dec. 1952, and at Los Ebanos, Texas, Dec. 1950-May 1955. A3377.
- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at San Luis, Arizona, July 24, 1929-December, 1952. 2 rolls, M1504.
- Non-statistical Manifests and Statistical Index Cards of Aliens Arriving at Douglas, Arizona, July 1908 -December 1952. M1759
- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Douglas, Arizona September 10, 1906-October 10, 1955, 13 rolls, M1760.
- Index and Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Nogales, Arizona 1905-1952, 74 rolls. M1769
- Index and Manifests Alien Arrivals at Sasabe/San Frenando, Arizona, 1919-1952. 3 rolls M1850.
National Archives Catalog
- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Naco, Arizona, 5/24/1908 - ca. 12/1952. A3372 NAID 4477839
- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Ajo, Lukeville, and Sonoyta (Sonoita), Arizona, and at Los Ebanos, Texas, 1/1/1919 - 5/26/1955. A3377 NAID 4503310
- Manifests of Alien Arrivals at San Luis, Arizona, 7/24/1929 - 12/1952. M1504 NAID 4483124
- Non-statistical Manifest and Statistical Index Cards of Aliens Arriving at Douglas, Arizona, 7/1908 - 12/1952. M1759 NAID 4529444 Digital Images
- Manifests of Permanent and Temporary Alien Arrivals at Douglas, Arizona, 9/10/1906 - 10/10/1955. M1760 NAID 4529616 Digital Images
- Index and Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Nogales, Arizona, 7/5/1905 - 1952. M1769. NAID 4486390
- Indexes and Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Sasabe and San Fernando, Arizona, 1/1/1919 - 1952. M1850. NAID 4486445
Related Collection - FamilySearch
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Arizona, Arrival Manifests, 1906-1955.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The full name of your ancestor
- The approximate age of your ancestor
- The approximate date of immigration
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Roll Number and Date Range to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Arizona, Douglas, Arrival Manifests, 1906-1955. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Use the information to find records in his or her country of origin such as emigrations
- Search for naturalization records
- Use the information in the subsequent records to find additional family members
- Search census records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Arizona.
- Beginning Research in United States Naturalization Records
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
- Arizona Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1910 | 1900-Present
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.