Antigua and Barbuda Cemeteries
|Antigua and Barbuda Wiki Topics|
|Antigua and Barbuda Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
- Monumental Inscriptions. Index includes name, place and date of death, place and date of birth, and the monumental inscription.
- Laurence-Archer transcribed some old Antigua monumental inscriptions:
- Laurence-Archer, James. Monumental Inscriptions of the British West Indies from the Earliest Date with Genealogical and Historical Annotations, from Original, Local and Other Sources, Illustrative of the Histories and Genealogies of the Seventeenth Century ... London: Chatto & Windus, 1875. FHL Film 283588; digital version at Internet Archive.
- Oliver published multiple books which contained monumental inscriptions in the British West Indies:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection; digital versions at Internet Archive: Volume One, Volume Two, Volume Three.
- Oliver, Vere Langford. More Monumental Inscriptions: Tombstones of the British West Indies. 1927; reprint: San Bernardino, Calif.: The Borgo Press, 1993. Digitized and available on the FamilySearch Catalog. Antigua entries begin on page 1.
- More than 1500 Antigua monumental inscriptions are identified on the West Indian Plantations website.