Anthony, Baker County, Oregon Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- At the confluence of Eagle Creek and Little Eagle Creek. It operated intermittently from August 3, 1903, until May 15, 1907, when it was closed and operations transferred to Sparta. Charles W. Hallford was the first and, probably, only postmaster. The office served a mining community that operated during the summer. It was named for Alfred W. Anthony, best known as an ornithologist but also a mining engineer, who developed the nearby Anthony Mine.