Annapolis Maryland Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Annapolis Family History Center, in the building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is a Family History Center located in Annapolis, Maryland in Anne Arundel County.
General information[edit | edit source]
- Address: 1875 Ritchie Hwy Annapolis, MD 21401-6229 United States (View on Google Maps. The Family History Center is on the rear side of the building.
- Language: English
- Phone number: 1-410-757-4173
- E-mail: MD_Annapolis@familyhistorymail.org
Hours[edit | edit source]
- Tuesday:9:30am-2:30pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:9:30am-2:30pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
Closings: Martin Luther King's Birthday, Presidents Day, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Annual Conference, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Semi-annual Conference, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas break (2019: December 23, 2019-January 1, 2020).
The center will be closed when Anne Arundel County schools are closed due to inclement weather or when school evening or Saturday activities are cancelled due to the weather. If Anne Arundel County schools open late because of the weather, the Center may also open late; call 410-757-4173 before coming to make sure that staff members are present and say that the Center is open. You can also check the Anne Arundel County Public Schools website which provides delay information.
Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog
- We have over 630 rolls of microfilm and over 650 microfiche documents in our permanent collection.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- The center has ten personal computers with high speed Internet access, a microfilm scanner, three laser printers one of which is also a copier/scanner, six microfilm readers, and two microfiche readers.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.