Alconbury with Alconbury Weston, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
|Alconbury with Alconbury Weston, Huntingdonshire|
|Poor Law Union||Huntingdon|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Alconbury with Alconbury Weston, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
ALCONBURY or Alkmundbury, is a parish in the district and county of Huntingdon, 5 miles NW of Huntingdon. and includes the parish of Alconbury-Weston. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Alconbury with Alconbury Weston, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Alconbury with Alconbury Weston, Huntingdonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FREG||1604-1626, 1660-1731, 1755-1824||1604-1626, 1660-1746, 1755-1824||1604-1626, 1660-1731, 1745-1746, 1755-1824|
|IGI||1559-1718, 1745-1749, 1772-1824|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Alconbury on GENUKI
Alconbury Weston on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 13 August 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 27 October 2014.
- 'Huntingdonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Huntingdon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.