|Alberta Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Canada Phone and Address Listings at MyHeritage - index ($)
- Wrigley's Alberta Directory - 1922 pt. 1, e-book
- Wrigley's Alberta Directory - 1922 pt. 2, e-book
- Peel's Prairie Provinces: Henderson's Directories
Peel's Prairie Provinces[edit | edit source]
The primary online resource for Directories for Albertan cities and towns is the University of Alberta Libraries' Peel's Prairie Provinces collections. Included are also a number of directories for Manitoba and Saskatchewan. For Alberta, coverage includes Edmonton & Strathcona (1908-1953), Calgary (1910-1953), Lethbridge (1914-1953), Medicine Hat and Redcliff (1914-1953), and "Alberta" (1911-1929). For each location several years are missing. The records can be browsed through each year's index.
Provincial Archives[edit | edit source]
Directories for Alberta as well as for Saskatchewan from 1881 to 1908 are located at the Provincial Archives. The archives also has a collection of city directories for Edmonton (1908–1980), Calgary (1911–1981), Lethbridge (1911–1980) with gaps, Medicine Hat (1913–1914, 1950–1981), Red Deer (1965–1981), Grande Prairie (1978–1980), and a small selection of telephone and other directories from 1908 to the 1960s.
Many Alberta directories up to and including 1900 are available on microfiche:
- Pre-1900 Canadian Directories.Ottawa, Ont. Canadian Institute for Historical Microreproductions, 1988. (On 4219 FHL fiche beginning with 6360453. These fiche do not circulate to Family History Centers.)