Alberbury, Shropshire Genealogy
Guide to Alberbury, Shropshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Part of this parish is in Montgomeryshire, Wales. See also Alberbury, Montgomeryshire.
|Hundred||Cawrse; Deythur; Ford|
|County||Shropshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Atcham|
|Parish registers: 1564|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1660|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
ALBERBURY, or Abberbury (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Atcham, partly in the hundreds of Cawrse and Deythur, county of Montgomery, North Wales, but chiefly in the hundred of Ford, S. division of Shropshire. The English portion includes the township of Alberbury and the chapelry of Wollaston.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Alberbury parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ALBERBURY PARISH (1564) Online Records|
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 20-26. Date accessed: 30 April 2012.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 27 October 2014.
- 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Banns 1760-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- W.P.W. Phillimore, Shropshire Parish Registers, Diocese of Hereford, Vol. VI, Alberbury Register, Part I. 1564 to 1733 (n.p.: Shropshire Parish Register Society, 1902).
- W.P.W. Phillimore, Shropshire Parish Registers, Diocese of Hereford, Vol. VII, Alberbury Register, Part II. 1733 to 1812 (n.p.: Shropshire Parish Register Society, 1902).
- 'Shropshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 9 September 2013.